Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

A little update since the last post: After Sarah's shots on Tuesday, she seemed to be doing fine. She was more sleepy, which the doctor told us to expect, but otherwise she was great! Then 6 o'clock rolled around. She woke up from her nap and was cranky. Then she just started screaming inconsolably. To make a long story short, we gave her some Tylenol, and after that kicked in and she fed, she was a happy girl again. It was a full hour of listening to her scream and not being able to help her though. It was not a fun hour! I don't know how parents of colicky babies handle it! I was crying right along with her. :)

Well, she has figured out napping! Here's a picture of her in the middle of a 3-hour afternoon nap, which has become the norm.

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions on how to get her on a schedule! She has been putting herself to sleep for naps and for the night for a few days now. I just hope that continues! A few things we had to do for her naps though: She has a half-moon window in her room, and I created a covering for it out of cereal boxes. :) That keeps the light out during her naps. We also moved the humidifier into her room, and the background noise seems to help. I am looking forward to using her afternoon naptime today to do some scrapbooking! A friend bought me some "girly" pages, and I haven't had the opportunity to do any Sarah scrapbooking yet. Today's the day!

Doesn't this face just make you want to pick her up?

I tried some 3-6 month clothes on her earlier today, and she was very compliant. She makes a great doll! (Mom, this is the outfit I was trying to describe to you.)


Tim and I are very excited. We bought our tickets for Ohio! We will be arriving the morning of April 20th (Monday) and leaving the morning of April 27th (Monday). We are so excited to see everyone and share Sarah with them/you!

Tim's softball season starts up tonight and I have a ladies game night to attend. Otherwise our weekend is empty!

You may notice on the links to the right that I had to start a second picture of the day album for Sarah. They only allow 60 pictures per album. :)

3 comments:

Jer, Julie & Ben said...

Can't wait to see you guys and meet Sarah!! Love you!

Laura McLain said...

I'm sad that I won't be seeing you guys for a couple of weeks. :( She'll be so much bigger by the time I get back from PA!

Robynne said...

Aidan was a colicky baby. Not fun. I've gotten really good at blocking out crying.