Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

New Job

We visited Parkside Church yesterday to hear Alistair Begg speak. It was rather funny - we checked online to make sure he would be there this week. As we walked into the church, he was finishing his 8:30 sermon. We dropped Sarah off at the nursery and went into the 9:15 service. When it was time for him to preach, a VIDEO of his early service came on. Figures. :) I was pleasantly surprised though - watching the video wasn't awkward at all. It was a great message, and I was glad we went.

The lyrics to one of the hymns we sang really struck me. I just want to share them on here. Regardless of our circumstances, we worship a faithful God.

Lord, I come before Your throne of grace
I find rest in Your presence,
And fullness of Joy
In worship and wonder,
I behold Your face
Singing what a faithful God have I

What a faithful God have I
What a faithful God
What a faithful God have I
Faithful in every way

Lord of mercy, You have heard my cry
Through the storm You're the beacon
My song in the night
In the shelter of Your wings
Hear my heart's reply,
Singing what a faithful God have I

Lord, all sovereign
Granting peace from heaven
Let me comfort those who suffer
With the comfort You have given
I will tell of Your great love
For as long as I live
Singing what a faithful God have I

We are praising our faithful God for his provision in our lives. For those who have not heard, Tim has accepted a job offer. We will be moving to a small town near Kalamazoo, Michigan, where he will take his role as senior pastor of a church. We are very excited about this church and the people we will be ministering to/with. It has seemed like a long wait, but things are going very quickly now that the move is just around the corner. Tim is looking to start on Easter Sunday (April 4th).

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us in this job search. We feel the Lord has answered our prayers and made it clear that this is the church He wants us in. We praise Him for His provision, and we look forward to what lies ahead!

Please keep us in your prayers! The next few weeks will involve a lot of adjusments for all of us (Tim, Sarah, me, and the entire church)! :)

2 comments:

The Vs said...

Hooray - how wonderful! :) Greg's family lives near Grand Rapids, MI, so when we go visit them we'll have to stop and see you all too! So happy for you all! :)

Robynne said...

Kalamazoo. That makes me smile. I finally will know someone in Kalamazoo. I really just want to say that word all the time.

I'm excited and praying for you guys. <3