Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Book Review: Becoming Us

Robin Jones Gunn's Becoming Us is a novel about a woman named Emily, who recently moved from North Carolina to California with her husband and daughter.  After years of living in close proximity to her in-laws, Emily's small family is now learning how to be on their own.  This story takes you through the highs and lows of Emily's life, much of which is impacted by Emily's newfound friendship with several women in the area.




This story is uplifting and encouraging.  I loved how the author addressed many heart issues women face today.  Several times, I found myself wiping away tears and thinking, "I feel the exact same way".

Although I did not realize it when I chose to read this book, I read Gunn's Sierra Jensen series as a teenager.  I now look forward to re-reading that series and many others by this author!

Thanks to NetGalley for making this book available for an honest review.

Rachel's Rating:
★★★★☆

No comments: