Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Mixbook: Product Review + 20% Discount Code

I love scrapbooking.  But sometimes I just do not have the time or energy to pull out all of my supplies, come up with ideas, choose and print the photos I want to use, and then actually do the scrapbooking! 

One solution to this issue that I LOVE is the concept of a digital scrapbook.  I was very excited to make a digital scrapbook at Mixbook.com for a product review.  The issue I had was coming up with a theme.  I finally decided to make a Father's Day gift for my husband, from my daughter's perspective.  I had so much fun going through pictures of the two of them and choosing themes for each page.

The next issue I had was selecting a book theme.  Mixbook has over 70 themes already designed, and you have the option of simply adding your photos and text to these themes.   I wanted something "fun" that would symbolize Father's Day but could be read on any occasion.  For this reason, I decided not to use a pre-designed theme.  I was able to select different layouts for each page of my scrapbook based on the number of photos I was including, and I chose backgrounds that looked "fun" and "kid-ish".

A helpful tutorial pops up as you first begin to assemble your book and is accessible via the "help" button for reference later.  There is also the option of a "live chat" with a Mixbook representative if you have questions during your scrapbook assembly.  I also really liked the idea that you can make your scrapbook available to friends and family in order to work on a project together.  What a great idea for families like mine who are spread out quite a bit!

Of course, this review would not be complete without photos of my completed Mixbook.  Here it is, my 20-page 6x8 inch softcover mixbook in letter format:  "Dear Daddy"...
Front Cover

























Back Cover

I was very pleased with my creation, and I was so excited to present it as a Father's Day gift.  Mixbook's prices are very reasonable, and their shipping time was excellent.  I was very pleased with my experience working with them.

Are you interested in making a digital scrapbook of your own?  Check out the Mixbook website, or find them on Twitter or Facebook.  I am pleased to be able to offer a 20% discount on a purchase from their website, via the code:  TOMOSON20.  This code has no expiration date, but it can only be used once per customer.  Share it with your family and friends, and enjoy being creative!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments: