Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Boo...And Her Big Girl Bed Too

I was getting Boo ready for bed several weeks ago, and she told me she wanted to sleep on the floor.  I was skeptical, but I had the time...so I said okay.  I set her up on the floor and expected to come back in about 20 minutes and put her in her crib.  (Boo will be 3 next week, but she has never tried to climb out of her crib.  I don't think the thought has ever occured to her.)

I was surprised when she fell asleep quickly and slept most of the night on the floor.  Daddy did have to go in and put a blanket under her during the night because she got cold. 

Here she is with all her stuff.
After that, Boo went back and forth about where she wanted to sleep.  Sometimes she was in her crib.  Sometimes she was on the floor.  We started putting her mattress on the floor for her so she would be more comfortable.  She still slept with all her junk.
We talked about taking the front of Boo's crib off and making in into a toddler bed...but we really need the crib for poor Babycakes who is still in a Pack and Play.  Plus, sleeping in a fun bed would provide incentive to stay in her bed.  So we started watching Craigslist.  In mid December, I found what we were looking for.  The price was great, so we brought it home...and stored it in the basement.  We needed plywood to go under the mattress.  My in-laws came to visit this weekend and brought the plywood we needed.

Yesterday, we presented Boo with her very own Big Girl Bed.  She was sooooo excited to see the race car in her room!!!
 She played in her room most of the night and made her Pawpaw stay in to keep her company.
After dinner at 5:45, she was saying it was time to go to bed.  Then when it really was bedtime, she played and played.  (She did stay in her bed the entire time.)  Finally, around 9:30 or so, she got quiet.  My husband snuck in before heading to bed and snapped a few pictures.

I love how since she's in a racecar bed, she slept with her racecars.  Usually she chooses her trains.
 This morning, she was still excited and smiley!
I hope this excitement about going to sleep lasts awhile.  :)

No comments: