Monday, December 29, 2008

39-week checkup

Things are still looking good for me and Baby. The doctor wants to see me on Monday if I don't go into labor before then. At that point, he will monitor the baby for a little while, check my fluid level (sounds like an oil change), do an exam, and decide what to do from there. It looks like the latest he'll let me go is January 12. We are hoping for sooner...much sooner...and natural. Induction scares me. :)


The Vrugginks said...

I hope the little one comes soon! It's awful being so close and just waiting - Christian was 10 days over and I'm hoping little Abbie won't be as late! Enjoy your last few days with the little one inside of you - he or she will never fit back inside again - haha! :)

MOM said...

I'm hoping for much sooner as well,
but not too soon :) !!!!!!
I know that you are very excited to meet your precious little one!!!
Love and prayers!!!

Sue said...

Maybe you can talk your ob into stripping your membranes-that always worked for me-kinda sounds like torture :( My boys were early, my girls were late!! How do you think Tim will do during labor and delivery?

Rachel said...

Ah, I think Tim will do just fine. He's just as excited as I am! He'll be in charge of keeping my mind off the pain during labor - we have a plan for that, so we'll see if it works! :)

Robynne said...

I'm sure T.J. will be happy if Baby waits until the 12th. From my sister's stories, induction really isn't fun. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. <3
(But let's hope Baby gives me time to finish the hat.)

T.J. said...

Although I do dont hope that you have to have induction, I have a feeling baby will just want to come out on the 12th :)