Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Blog purpose

I feel this blog is boring.

I live with the mindset that anything I post on my blog, I should be willing to discuss with any random person on the street. Or my boss. My neighbor. My children. Jesus. :) Anyone could be reading this. My blog is not my online journal. It is not the place to disclose my most personal feelings. It is not where I post about things that are bothering me.

So what is the purpose of blogging?

Originally, it was to post pictures and updates of the baby. Now I pretty much use Facebook for that. So what now? I can only write so many posts saying "Sarah did the cutest thing".

I do not get many comments on my blog. (I am not saying this for pity comments.) I just don't know if anyone reads this anymore. If it is not even being read, what is the purpose?

I suppose I need to spice things up a little bit. Tell stories. Share my feelings. I'll work on that. But for today, here is another Sarah update.

The girl is incredible. I don't know how we ever lived without her. She's the most amazing little thing. She can military crawl now. And she's pretty fast at it. She can push herself up into a sitting position. She can pull herself up to stand. She loves shoes. She tries to eat the laces. (We don't let her.) Actually, she tries to eat everything. She likes to drink from a sippy cup and just laughs and laughs when she gets water in her mouth. She loves her daddy. She loves her mommy too, but I love to watch her with her daddy. They definitely have a strong bond. She likes the song "My God is so big"...and she likes you to yell the word "BIG". She can wave. She likes to play peek-a-boo. She likes to throw her bowl and spoon on the floor and watch Mommy pick it up...over and over again. She is such an inquisitive little thing. When she wakes up and I go in her room to get her, she has the crib bumper pulled down low enough so that she can see what's going on in her room. When she sees me, she lets out the cutest laugh and sigh of contentment. I love that little girl.

1 comment:

Robynne said...

I read it, and now that I'm gone I'll appreciate it even more. :)