Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dear Timmy

I used to keep a journal, back in my teenage years. Each entry would start off "Dear Timmy". I would then go on to write about my daily happenings, my thoughts, my feelings, my hopes and dreams. I'm not sure exactly when "Timmy" became the name, or why, but I do know that I eventually decided I was going to marry someone who would change their name to Timmy for me.

I no longer consistently keep a journal. Part of that is because I no longer have time. Part of that is because I blog. But mostly, it is because I have Timmy. I have my wonderful husband, who is willing and wanting to listen to my daily happenings, my thoughts, my feelings, my hopes and dreams.

As a teenager, I prayed for "Timmy". I prayed that if God chose to give me a husband, he would be one who would challenge me spiritually. I prayed that we would be able to serve together in ministry. I prayed that we would be in love and enjoy eachother.

Three years ago today, God answered that prayer. Happy anniversary, Tim! You are better than I ever imagined. I love you!

2 comments:

Jer, Julie & Ben said...

You made me weepy! :o)

Happy anniversary!!

Love you!

Jen said...

Awwww...congrats on 3 years. It makes me happy that you are so happy and in love :)