Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finished Baby Quilts

The baby quilts I have been working on are finished. Bring on the baby! I don't claim to be an expert quilter, but it was fun.

The purple quilt is machine pieced. The quilting is done by hand - except the border, which is machine quilted - which happens to be very difficult! This was my first attempt at machine quilting, and I definitely need more practice.

The blue quilt is machine pieced, and all of the quilting is done by hand. This one has more quilting detail and took much longer to do. I actually began this as a gift for a nephew about 4 years ago. The quilt kept getting down-sized, until it became suitable only for a newborn. :)

If you click on the pictures, you will be able to see more detail - and mistakes. :)

2 comments:

Laura McLain said...

I'm impressed!!!

Sue said...

Trust me, I would never have finished-well, maybe for the grandkids!!!