Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Wearable Blanket

I completed a new project today.  This is something I had been wanting to do for awhile, and plans have been forming in my head as to how.  Had I known this would be so easy, I would have made this project months ago!

My baby wears a wearable blanket to bed every night.  It is so nice, because I do not have to worry about her kicking the covers off and fussing.  One feature I love about the blankets she has is that the zipper is inverted.  It zips down rather than up, so she does not play with the zipper in the middle of the night, and it does not scratch her neck.  This feature was extremely nice when she was a newborn, because it allowed for quick midnight diaper changes.  Therefore, I incorporated that idea into the blanket I made.

Here is my first homemade wearable blanket.  I made this from a fleece blanket we no longer use, so the total cost was that of the zipper:  $2.50.  Not bad for something that retails around $20.00!  Also, the entire project took 1 hour from start to finish.  This is a newborn size, and the only adjustment I would make is the size of the neck hole.  I think that's a little small for a baby.

Perhaps this is something I could make more of and sell?  What do you think?

                 Front View:                                                                  Back View:

1 comment:

Jen said...

Very cute!! I need instructions so I can make some for Michael...his are almost too small ;)