Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grocery Challenge: Week 1, Day 4

Tonight was leftover night.  We enjoy munching on leftovers for our lunches, but somehow we still seem to throw away a good amount of food.  That is why I usually plan to have leftovers every Sunday and Wednesday.  Those are also our church nights, so it is nice to keep things low-key.

My leftovers were Spicy Chicken and Rice Bake from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I shredded my chicken and covered it with the rice mixture, added some hot sauce, and ate it on a tortilla.


The original recipe made 6 servings.  This tortilla had about 3/4 of a serving in it, but the tortilla itself up-ed the cost and calories a little bit.

Total Cost of Meal Above (plus the Diet Pepsi I had to drink):  $1.24
Total Calories:  336

No comments: