Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grocery Challenge - Week One, Day Three

Dinner, Day 3:

Tonight's dinner was basicallly a homemade Hamburger Helper.  The cost actually turned out to be lower than Hamburger Helper, and I was able to decrease the amount of sodium.  This recipe was found on Spark People's Recipe Website.  I like to use their recipes, because they include the nutrition information along with the ingredients and directions. 

Skillet Lasagna (Makes 6 1-cup servings) with fresh veggies and ranch dressing

The cost:  $1.21 for everything pictured above
The calories:  556 - a bit high, but delicious.  :)

Please note the the cost will be somewhat higher next time I make this.  I had ground beef, tomatoes, and eggs on hand that my mother-in-law had given to me, so they are not included in the price.

No comments: