Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday at the Funhouse

It has been awhile since I have written a blog post "just because".  Today I am writing...just because.

Our little princess has come down with a cold.  She was coughing a lot at bedtime and during the night last night.  I woke up at 5:15 and realized I had not heard her since about midnight.  I didn't like that, so I opened her door to peek at her.  She woke up as I was leaving, and she was up for the day.  Up...and crabby as could be.  The only thing that soothed her was doing Tot School.  How weird is that?  Not TV, not juice, not cuddling, not playing with toys.  The girl wanted to learn.  I'm so proud.  :)

I love Thursdays.  I know I have said that before, but I really love Thursdays.  It is great to have my husband home for the day, and the princess and I both need our mid-week bonding time with him.  Plus, I get quite a break on Thursday because the princess is such a daddy's girl and wants his full attention.  Mommy's off the hook!

I put the girl in an Ohio State outfit today, and I was showing her how it was spelled O-H-I-O.  She knows the letters O and H, so she was pointing to them as I said them.  Then after I spelled Ohio, I would say "Go Buckeyes".  My husband was wearing an Ohio State sweatshirt at dinner, and he showed her "O-H-I-O", to which she replied "Go Buckeyes".  Again...so proud of her.  :)

Perhaps it is still to early for this, but nesting has definitely begun.  I hung pictures on the wall of our living room (11 months after we moved in...ha ha!), have been organizing the attic for about a month now, washed and put away all baby clothes we have for newborn and 0-3 months, sorted all other baby clothes into Rubbermaid bins, and assembled the bassinet (MUCH easier task the second time around).

I have also been doing some scrapbooking.  I have some pages I want to do tonight before my show comes on, so hopefully I will have some Sunday Scrappin' to post for you this week.

No comments: