Monday, January 5, 2009

Doctor's appointment

So today was the exciting appointment! I was hooked up to a monitor for a fetal non-stress test. Basically, every time Baby moved I pushed a button, and they monitored his/her heart rate to make sure everything looked alright. It did. Baby's heart rate was in the 130-140's when he/she wasn't moving and jumped up to 150-160 with movement. My amniotic fluid levels are fine, and I am dilated to 2 cm. Woo-hoo!

The doctor gave us a few options. Everything with Baby looks good, but he doesn't want me to go too much longer because the placenta will eventually stop doing its job. Our options were to go in tomorrow morning and get induced, or to give Baby a few extra days and try to go into labor naturally. If Baby isn't here by Thursday, he would repeat the non-stress test, and if he or she isn't here by Friday, then he would induce. We chose to wait and try to let labor start naturally.

So that's the deal. Baby will be here by Friday! :) I'll keep you posted if anything happens before then!


Jer, Julie and Ben said...

Try standing on your head, I hear that works. And, make sure Tim takes lots of pictures when you do. :o) We are thinking of you guys and praying!!

Pam said...

Yay! Bring on Baby! ;)

The Vrugginks said...

Hooray - baby will be here by Friday! I can't wait to see pictures! :)

Robynne said...

Yay for not inducing. Probably smart. :)