Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grocery Challenge: Week 6

Last week's grocery bill ended up being $65.52.  I was okay with that total, because it was still lower than the initial $75.00 a week budget we had set, and we got a lot of things to build up our stockpile again. 

My husband and I were discussing the family budget and where we could make some cuts in order to put more money into savings.  We realized that our Pepsi habit is really driving up our grocery bill.  I had stopped drinking Pepsi myself for about a week. However, it was still in the house for my husband, and I started drinking it again.  I believe we can cut out approximately $30.00 a month just by refusing to purchase any more pop. 

I am going to miss my Pepsi.

I have made my shopping list for this week, and it is quite short!  I typically do my grocery shopping on Mondays, and there are 5 Mondays this month.  For that reason, I have set a goal of $52.00 a week for this month.  I have a feeling I am going to spend far less than that tomorrow, so maybe we'll adjust it for subsequent weeks.  I'm excited.  :)

No comments: