Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pretend Play And Quilting

I just love the age that Princess is at right now. She is so much fun. (As I type this, she is screaming and stomping her feet, trying to get my attention.) I love that she is starting to do pretend play. Yesterday she kept saying "up" and pointing to her high chair. I would put her in, and she would cry and scream "up" (meaning "down", of course). After a few repeats of this scenario, I realized she wanted Bluebeary to go in the high chair. She then proceeded to put her bib on him and feed him graham crackers.
I was trying to get a good smile out of her yesterday, and I started singing "The B-I-B-L-E". She would laugh and laugh when I shouted "BIBLE!" at the end. What a good little PK. (She also says Amen:  "May may" before we eat.) Here's a BIBLE smile:
The church is hosting an Open House this afternoon to welcome our family to the church. We were asked to bring some items over that describe us, to help people get to know us a little better. For me, that meant some scrapbooks and quilts that I have made. Looking through my crafts gave me a little bit of a push to start working on them again. I finally broke out a quilt that I had been avoiding for a few years. The reason: Up to this point, I have only made baby quilts. This one is for an adult bed. My grandma started piecing it together, then she felt she would no longer be able to quilt and handed it on to me to finish. I don't want to mess up what Grandma started! But I think it's time. I broke it out and worked on it for about 2 hours last night. It is a Broken Star quilt, and if you click that link you can see a sample of what a Broken Star Quilt looks like. This one is 3 different shades of pink. It is beautiful. I am just hoping I do not mess it up! :)

No comments: