Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Walgreens 100 Dollar Challenge: Week 8 *Edited in purple*


I had a little difficulty again with totalling things up before I got to the register.  I usually do that at home before I go, to make sure my pre-tax total allows me to use all my Register Rewards.  For some reason, I didn't do that at all today - not before I left, and not at the store.  That resulted in a few trips back to the school supply aisle while the nice cashier waited to ring up my stuff and then say "sorry, still need more".  She was very nice about it.  It's a good thing they're not usually busy when I'm there!

Here's this week's rundown:

(2) Kellogg's Special K
Price: $2.50 each
MFG Coupon: $1.00
Final Price: $4.00 total
RR Earned: $2.00

Complete Multipurpose Contact Solution
Price: $7.99
RR Earned: $8.00

Crayola Crayons
Price: $1.00
RR Earned: $1.00

Crayola Markers
Price: $3.00
RR Earned: None - $3.00 rebate sent in
(3) Penway 10-Pack Pencils (fillers)
Price: $.09 each
Final Price: $.27 total
RR Earned: none

(2) PaperMate 6-pack Highlighters (fillers)
Price: $.19 each
Final Price: $.38 total
RR Earned: None
RR Used: (2) $5.00 Dr. Scholl's, $3.00 Schick, $3.50 Colgate

Subtotal Before Coupons:  $17.64
Subtotal After Coupons: $.14
Sales Tax:   $.76

Savings Percentage*: 99%

*(Note: Savings percentages are calculated prior to tax. Since there’s no way for me to decrease my tax amount, it is simply not factored in.)

I also received my $3.00 Finesse rebate!  Totals have been edited to reflect this change.

Yearly Totals
Amount Spent: $14.28
Amount Saved: $174.48

$3.00 rebate pending from Crayola - will adjust totals once received

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so happy you had a patient cashier!!! It makes all the difference...and just look at that lovely total! Way to go! :)