Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

2011 Walgreens 100 Dollar Challenge: Week 5

I made two trips to Walgreens this week (as evidenced by the pictures).  I was disappointed in my first trip, because they counted my store coupon in my coupon total, and I was not able to use all the RRs I had planned to use.  This was a Walgreens I do not normally visit.  I have never had trouble with "my" Walgreens in the past. 

I was able to build up my RR stash for the coming week, and I see a few potential deals in the Walgreens Ad, so I am hoping next week's percentage saved will look a lot better!

By the way, the Tom's of Maine toothpaste I bought a few weeks ago is disgusting.  Do not buy it.  It made me gag, and it went in the trash after one use.

4 Nestle Butterfinger Snackerz
Price: 2/$1.59
Mfg coupon: (2) $1.00
Store coupon: $.405 each
Final price: $.44 Moneymaker
RR earned: None

2 Arnicare Gel
Price: $5.99 each
Mfg coupon: (2) $2.00
Store coupon: None
Final price: $3.99
RR earned: (2) $6.00

1 Accucheck Aviva Monitor
Price: $14.99
Mfg coupon: None
Store coupon: None
Final price: $14.99
RR earned: $5.00
*Manufacturer rebate submitted for $14.99

1 Sweetarts hearts
Price: $.59
Mfg coupon: None
Store coupon: None
Final price: $.59
RR earned: None

RR Used: $3.00 Tom’s of Maine, $2.50 Thermacare

Subtotal before coupons: $30.74
Subtotal after coupons: $17.62
Sales Tax: $1.62

Savings Percentage: 43%
(Note: Since I have no control over the tax rate in my area, savings percentages are calculated prior to tax.)

RR in hand: (2) $6.00 Arnicare, $5.00 AccuCheck
*******
Yearly Totals
Amount Spent (Including Tax): $32.34
Amount Remaining: $67.66
(Awaiting $1.99 rebate from Finesse and $14.99 rebate from Accucheck. These will be added into my amount remaining once I receive them.)
Amount Saved: $66.48

1 comment:

Jen said...

Don't even ask about my week :( First, I had a $10RR expire b/c of the snow storm. I was going to go Tuesday, but the roads were so bad I couldn't get out. Then, I went yesterday and they didn't have anything that I was looking for :(