Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

TShirtPrinting.net (Product Review)

As a former high school volleyball and basketball player, I am familiar with ordering personalized t-shirts.  We did this yearly to show support for our team, and of course, to look cool!  We were usually satisfied with the prices of our shirts, but there were times when they did not fit exactly as we had anticipated, or the printing did not look as good as we had hoped.

I received a sample t-shirt from TShirtPrinting.net, a company that specializes in special-order t-shirts.  When it arrived, I noted the material makeup:  90% cotton.  The instructions on the tag stated to turn garment inside out to wash.  I did this, having learned from prior experience that this is an important instruction to heed!  After two washing and drying cycles, I am pleased that the shirt fits true-to-size, and the screenprint looks intact and adheres as well as the day it arrived in the mail!

I gave the t-shirt to my husband, who claimed that it felt great and the fit was appropriate for the size on the tag.  His only negative comment was that the print seemed to be a bit off center.

My husband notices things I often overlook.  Once he mentioned that, I got out my measuring tape and was surprised and disappointed to note that the screenprint was 3/4 inch off center! 

I would have been very upset if this had been a t-shirt I had ordered.  I sent a message to the company stating, "this is not a t-shirt I would be pleased with if I had placed an order, and if this is a true representation of your product, I cannot recommend your company to others".  Unfortunately, the reply offered no assurance:  "I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the T-shirt we sent to you. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused." 

I browsed the TShirtPrinting.net website, and I was disappointed to note that there are no price quotes, color swatches, or areas to design your shirt online.  The website simply encourages customers to contact the company's phone number.  I also searched for a return policy, hoping there would be some assurance for those who are unsatisfied with their orders.  I could not find one.

While I was satisfied with the quality of the actual t-shirt and the printing, I was not satisfied with the printing placement or the company website.  If I were placing an order for t-shirts today, I am sad to say that I would continue to search for a different company.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments: